Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back to Work! Already?


Everyone has a different "cue" that signals summer has come to a close. Maybe for you it's the sight of school buses on the roads, the arrival of the Air and Water Show, the return of Labor Day, or a purchase of closed toe shoes. For me, it's the first day of school, which is...EEEEK...tomorrow!





Remember when you were a kid, and you hated having to go back? Guess what? The teachers hated it, too!





Instead of being depressed(I'm trying darn hard to fake it, anyway), I'm reminiscing about the good quality days of summer shared with our family. I have the pictures in my memory, some of which are captured here, to remind me that I filled my days with fun, and everything that I wanted to do. Funny how one little girl can make each day that much richer! Playing in the pool, going on walks to the park, discovering sand, picking tomatoes, dancing in the kitchen, dusky summer evenings and sleepy mornings made all my summer days worthwhile. And...I have the promise of next summer to keep me going. Hey...at least then I'll be able to indulge in margaritas.




Tomorrow morning brings work...but only for 3 more months!





4 comments:

Terri said...

Michelle,
Sorry to hear that school starts so early up there. The kids down here don't go back until next Monday, the 27th. The pictures are great. Love the one of the three of you on the beach. Keep the pics coming.
Aunt T

Aunt Margie said...

Michelle,

Keep up the good work and be sure that we are checking up on how all the family is doing-especially loved the picture of the girls with the bubbles-looks professional-possibly a new career oppourtunity when the teaching becomes a chore!

Brenden said...

Good post Michelle. The summer is quickly coming to an end here, but luckily there is still a lot of fun times to be looking forward to.

Sandy said...

I love reading your blog Michelle and the pictures are great. I just opened Shannons too! Work sucks, I know but coming from someone who has to work all 12 months....I dont have that much sympathy for you! :)
Love, Sandy