The other night, our "bug" decided that she wanted to wear her coat...and when she wants something, she gets it these days. Otherwise, we are faced with a bloody tantrum. Since it's nearly 100 degrees in the midst of August, I attempted to give her her hooded sweatshirt when she demanded her coat out of nowhere. But no, she wanted her winter coat! I thought I might me able to appease her with a puffy winter vest instead. Who was I kidding? She went into the coat closet and showed me the one pictured here. Needless to say, she got to wear it. I am a pregnant woman with some mighty hot spells, but I don't have the air conditioning set that cold.
The funny thing is that she has not seen that coat in at least two seasons, and no one in our house used the word coat that day. She just thought of it out the blue when she wanted to watch a movie. I didn't think a person could inherit a quirk like that, but my little girl did...from her father. Grandma Susie says Jack used to always wear his coat...it was like his blanket. When him and I were first dating, I used to think he was always in a hurry to leave, and didn't want to stay long, because he never took his coat off in the winter. Now my daughter is doing the same exact thing. She's definitely an accessory girl...shoes, purses, hats...and now...coats!
No comments:
Post a Comment