You know those senior citizens who have more spunk than 30-somethings, and those overweight people who dance like they're on air? They give proof to the adage I titled this post under. And I totally get it now!
Even though I have just entered my seventh month of pregnancy, I don't feel huge...and I don't think I look huge, either. For some reason, people (mainly those who are strangers, or those who only know me as an aquaintance) feel it necessary to tell me how absolutely mammoth I look! Why is okay to tell a pregnant woman that she is large when it's a totally appropriate time in life to weigh a lot?
Our unborn child has heard these comments very recently (all today, to be exact):
"You have three more months left? You're kidding right?"
"Are there two in there?"
"My pregnant daughter/sister/friend/cousin-in-law isn't as big as you are?"
Please...we don't want to give the baby a complex already! I would tell them exactly where they could go, but that would be stooping to their level of tactless-ness (a made up word, I know). Don't people know that pregnant women do NOT want unsolicited comments? By the way... if you are my friend or a family member...you can say what you wish. You've earned that right. Just be nice about it, unlike the bold strangers.
I feel good...almost light on my feet...and unburdened by my size. I much prefer to boast my very round, and very robust belly. It is a beautiful thing.
4 comments:
You have a beautiful round belly...and you always look fantastic...pregnant or not! The blog is GREAT...so proud of you!
I can't believe people are so STUPID. The ONLY thing to say to a pregnant lady is, "You look beautiful...congrats!" That's all.
Here are some good come backs for you:
Yes, I'm getting big, but I’ll lose weight when the baby is born. What's your plan?
You’re huge!-- Yes, it’s called pregnancy.---And you’re huge too, but I wasn’t going to mention it.
---At least it’s a baby and not fat.
I've always thought that pregnant women are some of the most beautiful in the world...and you're definitely no exception. I hope I look as good (and happy) as you do when I (one day) get there :)
I'm always visiting your's & Shannon's blogs but I've been lazy about posting comments (SORRY!). You're doing an awesome job and I'm soo glad I'm able to see you guys - even though its not in person. I also can't believe you only have 2 months left before the new baby (and its not because of your belly!), time has just flown this summer. I agree w/ Shannon...You have a beautiful round belly & you always look fantastic!! I hope you're having a great first week back at school...I don't start until after Labor Day, but I'm not looking forward to it either!
Post a Comment