Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Eating for Two!

It's not dinner time yet, but that's all I keep thinking about. One of the many great things about being pregnant is the permission to eat whatever you want whenever you want. That is until you gain 10 whole pounds (even after going pee before weigh-in time) ...in only 4 weeks. Now...I know I don't have a 10 pound baby inside of me (I better not!)...so that means I'm having too much fun eating whatever my heart desires! If this was my first pregnancy, I wouldn't care. The "I'm pregnant" excuse is a wonderful thing. But I know all too well how hard that stuff they call baby weight is to get off...it took me three months to lose 12 pounds earlier this year. You do the math!

I swear this baby is making me way hungrier that I was when I was pregnant with Lily...I suppose it doesn't help that I spend the little free time I have watching Food Network on TV. But I LOVE to eat...and the cravings are beyond belief. I had to go all the way to Coal City to get a damn Hostess Snow Ball two weeks ago! It's a good thing it's not the middle of a brutal winter with ice and snow keeping me from getting in the car to go get what I want to eat. It's only a stifling, take your breath away, heat wave here. Not even that will keep me away from what my baby says I want to eat! It's a good thing I like salads...they are going to have to become my friend real soon!

No comments: