I've been blessed to have a somewhat "kid-free" weekend...I really needed one! On Friday, I got to have an "adult only" lunch with an old friend, and on Saturday, Jack and I spent the day and night at a friend's cottage in Michigan.
Here are the great things about spending over 24 hours away from your children...
...a very quiet car ride (and maybe even a few winks of sleep caught)
...being able to read 60 whole pages of a new novel
...well-rested neck muscles from not having to spin it in one hundred directions every hour
...Peace and Quiet!
...getting to sleep until 8 o'clock in the morning
...not having to serve anyone their food
...no crying allowed
...one summer sun-tan
and...the BEST thing is...
...coming home to a little girl saying, "Mommmmmmyyyyyyyy....we made you a surprise!" and a little boy bee-lining and crawling as fast as he possibly can to get to his parents.
6 years ago
2 comments:
I an jealous! But glad you had fun! When is it going to be my turn??
Glad you got to have some much-needed and well-deserved adult time!
Tanya
Post a Comment