Saturday, April 12, 2008

A few booknotes...

  • Lily went to the library for the first time today. She absolutely loved it! I've decided this is going to be our new "special" time together, and I can't wait for our library dates. Two hours after we had gotten home from the library she already asked to go back. That's my girl!

  • At a literature seminar this week, I learned a great new technique to get some reading time in. The speaker suggested leaving a book (which can not be a difficult one) in each bathroom of the house. Her rules are to LEAVE THE BOOK THERE and to read two pages every time you sit. She is able to read 8 books a year by this method. EIGHT books....that's amazing! Considering the fact that I haven't been able to read 8 books total since my first child was born, I find that phenomenal! Therefore, I'm up for the challenge. I just need to figure out how to sneak in the bathroom all by myself! Take it on yourself. See how many you can read that way.

3 comments:

The Bahns said...

Glad to hear Lily enjoyed her first library experience! Love the idea about bathroom reading...I may actually be able to finish my library book that I have renewed 6 times using this method!!!
T

Anonymous said...

It's the Bathroom Book Club CHALLENGE! (not sure if anyone will want to admit being the winner) Love, Aunt Mar

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.