The word play date is forbidden in my house! I despise it. I like to think that I am far too young, and way too cool of a mom to use a word like that.
However, I love the get-togethers where Lily gets to play with her friends...and I get to spend time with mine. Those happenings always mean new toys to keep Lily occupied, coffee for me, lots of laughs, and getting out of the house.
We seem to plan them for the kids...but, I'm convinced it's really for the moms' sanity. It's only 10 o'clock and we've already swam in the bathtub (clad in a new bathing suit) just for fun. I wish one was scheduled for today.
6 years ago
2 comments:
I know what you mean...today was the first day this week that we had NOTHING planned and it has been a very LONG day so far!!! We haven't frolicked in the bathtub yet, so maybe we can do that this afternoon.
Yesterday, I actually took the kids to the mall to ride the train and the carousel. Then, we went to the pet store to see the animals. We have to be very creative during the winter months! I can't wait until we can play OUTSIDE!!!
I do enjoy getting together as well...it's a bit theraputic for all of us! See you soon.
ps. Any ideas on a more updated term for "playdate"???
Tanya
I hear ya! And I don't have any room to complain my child is at school till 3 p.m. I can't cope between the hours of 3 and 7!!
Post a Comment