Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Calgon, Take Me Away!

I have an extra 28 pounds attached at my hip these days.



Her name is Lily!



All she wants is ME...all the time! This results in a helper in the kitchen, an uninvited partner in the bathroom (even when it's unpleasant to be in there), and mama being hollered all day long. That's not working too well for my sanity! UGH! I swear she can smell when I try to sneak away to actually get something done for a minute.



And when she isn't attached to me, I have a baby on my boob!



I'll be making a Walgreen's run to pick up some Calgon...and locking the bathroom door behind me.

5 comments:

The Bahns said...

That sounds like a great idea...there's nothing better than escaping to the bathroom to read a book and take a bath in peace and quiet. Granted, I'm sure someone will be banging on the door or needing your attention after only a few minutes of relaxation. Good luck!
Tanya

Anonymous said...

There's always a sleeper sofa in Boston if you're looking for a weekend away :)

Monica said...

Although I don't have a newborn yet, I definitely have a 32lb three year old growth attached to me as well! I can totally relate, ha!
Monica

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass......chocolate will help...(for you, not Lily!)
Love, Aunt Mar

Amanda said...

I feel your pain (and secret joy) of having a baby on each hip. Zak calls me the "Pied Piper" because they can always find me, even when I try to sneak away. I'm sure in 10 years we'll be blogging about how much our kids can't stand to be in the same room as us! I suppose we should just enjoy it while we can, and get a babysitter now and then to stay sane. Miss you!