Friday, January 30, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder, Role Reversal, and Being "Mr. Mom"



Unfortunately, Jack was "temporarily laid off" for 3 weeks...which meant he got to be Mr. Mom and I got to be the Breadwinner (minus half the salary)! He returned to work very happily today!



We learned a lot of lessons during the past few weeks in our house.



For Jack...


...When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! He made the best of an unfortunate situation. It's not every day a dad gets to spend that much "quality" time at home alone with his young children. Electricians don't get vacation time!


...Being at home ALL DAY, stuck in the house without adult interaction is no easy job! There is definitely a new appreciation factor there.





For Me...


...Getting to leave the house for work all by myself with no kids to wrestle is quite a treat. Those "no stress" mornings were really rejuvenating!


...On the same note, knowing those two sweet faces were at home having fun without me, made me miss them that much more! Jack always says it's so much harder to go to work in the summer when he knows I'm at home with the kids. I always say "Wanna trade?!" Now I know exactly what he means!


1 comment:

Jeff and Leadon said...

It's so true, we always think the grass is greener on the other side.But I guess if we had to make the choice, as mothers we would all choose to stay home! The money may suck...but summers are great!