Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Latest "Great Adventure"

What do 40 miles, lots of family, a beautiful fall day, sore muscles and
the following pictures all have in common?







Our October BIKE TRIP!





Here is 1/3 of the crew post bike ride. Despite the soreness, everyone looks pretty happy, right? You didn't see us all struggle to stand up! The refreshments, a dose of Motrin and a whirlpool soak all helped ease the pain. I even had quite a few bites of steak for dinner...my body was sure telling me something.

It was lovely to spend a perfect day outdoors in the Midwest fresh air.
Almost as lovely as it was to sleep in.
Then....
....we came home to our kids.
Here is what we felt like 15 minutes after being thrown
back into parenthood!

3 comments:

The Bahns said...

It looks like you all had a great time...and a good workout! Love the yard ornament in the last picture...that thing looks like how I feel at the end of each day!
T

Terri said...

Lovely pictures. I can't wait to see the fall colors.I looks like you had the perfect weekend for the bike trip. I know how I feel just riding a mile, my hats off to all of you.
aunt T

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great Sunday. After days like that is when I go for the beef myself...that and ibuprofen is about the only thing that helps :) Where did you guys bike at? Looks beautiful!