Dear Lily,
1,095. That's the number of days you have been in our lives...and we're still shaking our heads! How have 3 years gone by so incredibly fast? I'm afraid we'll blink, and you'll be in school.
This past year has been one of incredible changes for you. You became a big sister three short weeks after you turned 2. You embody the true spirit of an oldest child, loving your brother like a little mommy. We love when you cheer for him and his new accomplishments without us even telling you to. Your independence...eh-hem...I guess we can call it that...often raises it's stubborn head. You know what you want, how you want it, and....NOW! Meltdowns, tantrums, time-outs galore! They've driven this year of your life. But, we survived the terrible-twos. Your newest "three-year-old" phase is to do everything yourself. Independence, once again. May this deep rooted quality be with when you need it as an adult. Most importantly, you became "potty-trained". In true Lily fashion, you did it quite reasonably and smoothly when you were ready (around the age of 2.5). I never knew pee and poop could be so exciting! You've graduated to a "big girl bed", but still prefer the floor most of the time (and still have trouble falling asleep)...something your father and I just don't understand. You beat to your own drummer...proving that you are your own, unique person every single day. And, quite frankly, I LOVE it!
When you are not busy being moody...you are the absolute sweetest thing in the world!
Your dad and I always re-cap the day with something cute you did, making us say "I love that girl!" Your stellar imagination and extensive vocabulary are always at work. It is a sheer delight to watch (and listen) to them in action! You have most recently been amazing me with lengthy sentences that show reasoning behind them. You make your English teacher mama proud. You love all things pretty, girly and princess-y. You are simply gorgeous, and we spend lots of time telling you that brown-haired, smart girls are one of our world's greatest assets. They, like you, are way more important than princesses. But, you are only little and innocent once, so enjoy!
Your birthday party made you squeal with delight...as did the following days where you sampled and gave equal time and attention to all of your splendid, girly gifts.
Love you to pieces,
Mama and Daddy
6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Lily! We had so much fun celebrating with you. Thanks for being our friend.
"Sopher" and Cooper
Very well written Michelle. It is unreal to think how much I would be missing without this blog. It seems like Lily has aged 5 years since this time last year. I can't wait to get back to give Lily her birthday present.
Happy birthday little princess!
I need a tissue after reading that!
I've been waiting for these Birthday pics.....could Lily be any cuter? Lily, Jack, Kitt and Finn....what a great bunch! I really enjoyed catching up on their escapades and your pictures and stories tell it all.
Love, Aunt Mar
Good Job Michelle, beautifully sais, and all so true. Happy Birthday lily!
I finally caught up on your blog and once again it was beautiful. The pictures and stories are priceless. I loved all of them -- the beautiful princess, the food snatcher and you definetly have a handsome smiling Jack. Thanks for sharing. Aunt Carol K.
Post a Comment