Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Reunions #2 and #3

I rarely like rainy days in the summer...that usually means that we're locked in. But...today I do. I'm exhausted, and therefore, thankful, that we just get to lay around the house.

The second of our three family reunions was this Saturday. We had fun visiting with half of Jack's extended family amidst some hot, sticky weather. We packed the entire counter with "stuff" that we HAD to bring with us. The one thing that was not on the counter was my camera.

So...close your eyes...and imagine...

...a chubby little army crawler playing on a blanket atop a shady hill that overlooked a picturesque little beachy lake...

...a fun 2-year-old in a turquoise plaid sundress having TONS of fun running and splashing around with her cousins.

...and, of course, lots of smiles.

For my family's reunion (#3) on Sunday, we remembered to pack the camera. Below are pictures of that fun day, too. When I wasn't taking pictures, I was eating or chasing our little ones...just what a person is supposed to be doing at a family picnic, right?











I love that our kids will always have the traditions we look forward to every year. Our families are rooted in keeping that alive...and it's always just what we expected.

2 comments:

The Bahns said...

It is so nice that your family has annual reunions...what a great tradition! Glad to hear you had a fun time at all 3 of them.
Tanya

Anonymous said...

Looks like the good good ol' days of the Lowery picnics I remember. The pictures remind me of the ones our parents took of us when we were kids! I heard everyone had fun...we'll definitely be there next year!