We brought Lily to church last night. It's comparable to a Catholic Saturday mass...except that it is only 30 minutes long. We figured she couldn't cause too much trouble. She was a good girl, who happened to be very chatty and demanding though.
When it was time for communion, the three of us tried to go up as a family. It's rare that we get to even go to church as a "family" anymore. As we entered the aisle, Lily exclaimed,"I need my purse!" I turned around to see it sitting next to mine in our row. Being able to see it did not calm her down any. Needless to say, Daddy got to go up, while us girls went to check on our purses. Then Mama went up on her own, too, stifling laughter. You know how easy that is to do in church. But all was well, because Lily had her purse comfortably draped over her shoulder.
I think Aunt Peggy is smiling down...she's got someone after her own heart. Just imagine what our girl will be like when she is a senior citizen!
6 years ago
1 comment:
You guys just made my day! I haven't looked since Kit's Birthday so it was so fun catching up. Lily was so cute in the new car. I'm sure Grandpa Mike is drooling for the Mazda. Loved the eyeliner and the purse story is priceless. Aunt Peggy is definetly smiling. We'll have to take Lily to Saks. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment