Saturday, September 8, 2007

Check out our New Sports Car!

Lily must think that MTV's Cribs is going to be calling us to do a show soon. When they hear how nice our new garage is going to be...and find out we have a hot new sports car to go in it...they are definitely going to want to air us.

The truth is...we do have a new car.

A stylish 1992 Mazda.

We jokingly refer to it as our "$500 junker". With gas prices the way they are these days, a pick-up truck with a hemi in it is far from economical. So, thanks to Uncle B, we have Daddy's work car. I know...you're jealous of our car. Wait until you hear this...it is even equipped with a dashboard hula girl. And it only stalls every once in a while.

Lily thinks this car is the coolest thing ever! She begs to ride in what she calls the "red car" the way I presume she will beg to take our nicest car out when she is a driving teenager. She thinks she is hot stuff in this vehicle. It must be the stick shift and rolled down windows that make her feel free and wild. She is a happy girl in the backseat of that car.




I guess it's all a matter of perspective! If she keeps this point of view, we'll actually be able to save some money when she's a teenager.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I think there is something that makes one feel free and wild when in a car with a stick shift. I had a 93 Honda Civic that was a stick, and I felt zippy and fast and free when driving it. I think I agree with Lily on this one! I also think that EVERYONE should know how to drive a standard. It's just one of those "must know how to do" life skills...like cooking scrambled eggs!

Unknown said...

Don't count on that (saving money on a car). She is soooooo cute.
Aunt Judi

Brenden said...

I would say that Lily has her priorities straight already. I think it is the PURR of the engine that probably appeals to her, just have to watch out when the car coughs up a furball.