Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It Ain't Over 'til it's Over!

Dear Summer of 2011,

Once upon a time, you were mine...all mine! Not anymore. Lily & Jack were my summer this year.

Long gone are the days where I could pack them in the stroller and do what I thought would be fun for the day. Nope. Long gone are the warm days of sitting in my loungechair reading a book while the kids took their naps. Not happenin'. That's why I have coined you the "Get up 5:15 am-even though I don't have to be at work-because coffee should ALWAYS come before kids-summer".

You made my kids get up early. You made them demand a lot. You kept us really busy. But, most importantly, you made us have fun!


Look at those smiles!



When we weren't at appointments, or running errands, or riding our bikes (which is WAY more stressful than the stroller days), we were hanging with friends, visiting with Uncle B and lots of other good company, and taking trips to some of our favorite beach-side places!


























Lily blossomed with ballet class, swimming lessons and soccer practice. And we swam so much this year that my favorite bathing suit is completely faded.

By 7:00 am, Jack was asking if we could go to the pool or go golfing. "But it's sunny out," he would reply to my compalint that it was too early! *See why I needed that early coffee?*






























Most days, I chose not to wear make-up, let my hair air-dry and served dinner in the garage so we didn't have to clean off the kitchen table. Your easy-breezy (and lots of time, too-darned-hot-to-step-outside) aura kept us enjoying the good life. For that, thank you. I'll be needing you again in about 9 months :)



























































No comments: