I've done this "First Birthday Party" thing 2 times in the last 2 years. I should be a pro.
Here is what I learned after this year's festivities:
1. One can NEVER be over-prepared.
2. Pizza is a good idea. (Thanks, Jack)
3. My son can be very shy when he wants to.
4. Some one-year-olds really do cry during their birthday song rendition. Jack was having a fit because we were dangling a cupcake in front of him...but not close enough for him to eat right this very second. (I thought it was hysterical)
5. Present-opening is SO overwhelming. (How did I forget that?) We should have locked the toddlers upstairs in the bedroom!
6. Jack is loved "oh so very much". Everyone was extremely generous. Our house looked like Christmas morning on Sunday.
7. Those handsome brown eyes are even more exaggerated when Jack's face is decorated in blue.
8. Everyone needs their mother's help. (Aunts do a great job, too.)
9. My favorite new drink may be Sangria.
4 comments:
Sorry we weren't there to celebrate. It sounds like it was so fun! We miss y'all!!
Happy birthday big man. It is only a month now until I get back home to see all the little ones.
So sorry we missed the cake and presents. Sophie and Cooper would have loved the blue icing! Glad you party was a success....I am sure you and Jack were pooped the next day.
Tanya
Heard the party was a hit...and looks like Uncle Ted didn't disappoint! Too bad we won't be around for Thanksgiving...but it'll be great to catch up over Christmas!
Post a Comment