Never has a single year of my life ever gone as fast as this past year has! You are 1 today, which sends a surge of emotions and memories flying at me high speed! I have to keep looking at the picture above to remind myself that you were once (and not that long ago) so little...if, of course, you call 9.2 pounds "little".
Here you are pictured today at your birthday feast. Scrumptious, Edible, Simply Irresistible. These are all words to describe you. You are the kind of kid that turns heads. I can't walk through any store without being stopped at least once to be told how absolutely precious you are. Your wide grin, circular teddy bear brown eyes and dimpled chin make us want to eat you to pieces. And your sister loves you (her Baby Jack) more than you know, often looking at you with that glowing smile of hers. You light up the instant you see her, too.
You are our Jumpin' Jack Flash because you think it is your sole mission in life to jump, jump, jump! We're going to have to retire your jumperoo when you get one pound heavier, and I don't think we can salvage it as you have frayed the threads bare. The first second you wake up, you immediately begin bouncing on the mattress of your crib...often with your sleepy eyes closed. After a 2 week training period on the fundamentals of walking upright, you have it down. You choose to walk your plump body everywhere! You've also surprised us with your magnificent climbing abilities and fine coordination. Your new favorite thing to do is point or show us what you have in your hand. You are very bright and want to communicate with us.
Your full name is spoken often. Even your sister calls you Jack Davidson when you are getting into something you are not supposed to. Just yesterday, she hollered, "Here comes Trouble." I told her, "...With a capital T!"
You have blessed our house in unimaginable ways! Your daddy has a son. You made Lily a sister. And, you've given us the understanding of how a parent's heart can double in size...and melt a million times over...and how a mother can love her little boy in ways she never could have imagined.
You make our lives richer just by being you. Thanks for making our world.
We love you,
Mama & Daddy
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Jack Davidson! Michelle your posts are always great. I love reading them. It doesn't seem possible that Jack is already one. Time sure flies. Enjoy them while they are little.
Aunt T
I have been waitng for this blog for the longest time (5 days) I couldn't wait to wish Jack #2 a Happy Birthday! The pictures are fab!Michelle,your words are even better! I love how you express yourself. Great job! It brought tears to my eyes.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!
Love : The Murry Clan
I can't believe he's 1! That year certainly did fly by!
Happy Birthday, Jack! We look forward to celebrating with you soon.
Post a Comment