Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Card 2007

I've been trying to find time to write a Christmas card for weeks now. No one would have received their card in the mail if I had waited until I wrote, so I sent my pics out without one, even though that made me sad. Adjusting (if that's a strong enough word) to being mom of two children (one of who is embracing her terrible two's) is taking a bigger toll on me than I had expected. Hence the lack of time.



Our life is crazy right now to put it mildly. At least that's how it feels to me. Someone is always crying, there is always a diaper that needs changing, I cannot always remember when I last showered, cartoon theme songs play in my head all day long, and I find excuses to take the garbage out for the sheer delight of getting some fresh air. I grunt, I sigh, and yes, I do swear...just out loud. Not at my kids. I even threaten to be at the local Holiday Inn sometimes...BY MYSELF! But when my head hits the pillow at the end of the day, I LOVE our life. We have it good...and I know it.



So...here's our Christmas card...especially for our elite blogger audience.





Dear Family & Friends,

We seem to only use the word Merry at Christmastime. However, when I think about all 365 days of the year, Merry would be a good word to describe our family. These are the blessings that have brought us joy in 2007.
  • Having an excuse to play in the snow...and someone to enjoy it with.
  • A positive pregnancy test, and the pitter- patter of kicking to go with it.
  • One 9 pound, 2 ounce baby boy to add to our family tree.
  • A sweet little girl, complete with bed head, to say good morning to.
  • A daddy that can't wait to come through the door after work to see his children.
  • The priceless sound of laughter as cousins and "best friends" ham it up.
  • Three generations of girls learning how to make home-made bread.
  • A friend who calls at the perfect moment, because she thought you just might need to talk.
  • Family members that we would be honored to call our friends.
  • A child-like version of "Jingle Bell Rock" coming from the back seat of the car.
  • Having four names to sign on the bottom of cards.

May your 2008 be filled with merriment...every day of the year!

Merry Christmas,

Jack, Michelle, Lily & Jack



8 comments:

Terri said...

What a wonderful way to sum up the year. Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and can't wait for more pics of the little ones.

The Bahns said...

I can completely relate to the chaos that comes with having a toddler and a baby! I told you it would be a hard transition, but I swear it gets easier each day. Just hang in there!

Hope to see you guys sometime over the holidays!
Love ya,
T

Brenden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Well done Mic! I think you're doing a fantastic job adapting to the joys of mothering two children. And I must say...it's nice to have a fellow mom to be exasperated with! We love you and miss you. Christmas hugs & kisses all around!

Anonymous said...

Got home last night to a slew of cards and your pictures were in the mix...of course they were adorable as always! Sounded like Christmas was a great time. Wish we were there!
Hope 2008 is as good if not better than 2007!

Judi said...

That's a wonderful Christmas Letter. You are truly blessed with two beautiful children. Our family scatter hither and yon is also blessed to be one big happy group!
Love,
Aunt Judi & Uncle Al

Anonymous said...

You amaze me with all you get done! Chistmas cookies, Cards, Homemade bread, updating a blog in the midst of being a Mother of a toddler and newborn. I think you are an over achiever but definetly have your priorites in order. Just because of you I am going to try to be Merry!!! in 2008. Won't Uncle Kevin, Jack and Kelly be surprised. It was such a great Christmas with all of the kids.

Happy New Year to you and Jack and Lily & Jack!

Love Aunt Carol

Michelle and Jack said...

Just wait until I go back to work, Aunt Carol. I'm trying to do it all now, because I have the time...sort of. Once work returns, the over achieving will subside. But thanks for the compliment!
-Michelle