Our Lilybug had one very busy weekend. Not only did she celebrate her second birthday yesterday, but Finn's first birthday on Saturday. That's a whole lot of partying for one little girl. She did thoroughly enjoy herself, as shown in the pictures below. However, she was left very tired and worn out come Sunday evening. She doesn't like to miss anything, which kept her short on sleep this weekend. It took an hour and a half for her to fall asleep for her daily nap on her big day because she kept demanding to go downstairs...that's where all her opened toys from Mama and Daddy were. They were obviously begging to be played with. Nonetheless, we had a good day. It was just full of unexpected twists and turns...and a few more tears than a birthday girl should have.
Dear Lily,
Happy Birthday Baby Girl! I've been refering to you by that title for two entire years. It seems very inappropriate to call you that right now...which is why I've been using more than ever lately. You're our Big Girl in more ways than you know, and your sappy, old mama is having a hard time accepting it. It could very well have something to do with my pregnancy hormones, and the fact that our family is changing very soon. You've always been our baby girl, and always will be...something you probably won't understand until you have your own children.
Anyway, you have "2" written all over you! You are talking like crazy, throwing out new words and phrases to impress me daily. My favorite new one is "blast off." Most things you say begin with "my" as in "my mommmmmmmy" when you call from your crib, "my hold you" when you want to be held, "my eat" when you are hungry, etc. The world sure does revolve around you. Another favorite is "no"...sometimes to the point of insanity. You pretend play in the most adorable way I have ever seen, being very maternal with your babies and princesses. I just know it's a sign of how creative and receptive to the world you are. A few weeks ago, I cried after checking on you before bed. You were sleeping in your "new" toddler bed (crib minus the rails), had ridden your bike that afternoon, and even called your aunt Sara, having a real phone conversation her, complete with head tilt and all.
You make us smile and laugh (and sometimes boil with frustration) more than we knew possible. May this next year be full of pleasures and happy moments as you continue to grow and amaze us. Thanks for making our dreams come true...
...We love you,
Mama
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Big Girl. It looks like you had a great time celebrating. I hope this next year finds you exploring new and wonderful worlds around you. Hope the terrible TWOs don't kick in.
Love ya.
Great post. I can't believe how much Lily has grown up. I can't wait to feed her candy and Slurpees when I come back. She is gonna be a big fan of the small Coke slurpee real soon.
Post a Comment