When Lily asked if her new teacher was going to be nice, I said "Of course. All first-grade teachers have to be nice!"
When Lily recieved a letter in the mail from her soon-to-be first grade teacher, I was tickled.
When I read the letter included in that same envelope for us parents, I sobbed (like...couldn't-talk-sobbed). Mrs. L. is going to take care of my baby.
When I went to Back to School Night, I immediately found a yellow piece of paper on Lily's desk with instructions to leave my child a note that would be read to her in the morning. Guess what? I just about lost it. I had to walk away to distract myself, otherwise I would have been the only parent in the room wearing sunglasses to hide the pools in my eyes.
Lucky me for getting to be Lily's mom.
Lucky me for remembering getting those such notes from my mom and dad when I was little. sigh...
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment