My spring break has come to a close. And the best way to describe it is a "BUST"! Life threw me a lemon, and I so did not make lemonade.
It started on Good Friday with a beautiful day, that I spent cleaning the house for company I was so excited to have on Sunday. Then Saturday started out nicely with more preparations for family gatherings. On our way to family gathering #1, I got sick! The icky-vomiting-"both ends"-why is this happening to me-SICK! Just to paint a picture, I was so sick that I lost 7 pounds in 10 hours. It was awful, awful, awful!
Needless to say, no company on Sunday...no fun Easter festivities for my kids...just a half-hearted egg hunt, "hurry up and open your baskets, so Mommy can lay back down", and a ham/potato delivery by Nani and Poppi late at night.
I expected each day to get better, but it just didn't. We tried to do fun Spring Break stuff, really we did. But, I just couldn't get there. I spent the rest of the entire week sick with fatigue, lack of appetite and just plain feeling icky!
Thank goodness, I woke up on Saturday feeling like a real person again! To the best of my ability, I tried to re-claim the break I "lost" in my 48 hours left. And, lucky for me, the weather cooperated, and we snuck in some visiting with family and friends. How nice!
Above are the pictures from the good parts of spring break-the parts I actually want to remember.
7 comments:
You'd never guess by the pictures that you only had 48 hours of fun. Glad you're feeling better :)
Glad we were able to meet up at the park! I can't wait to hang out this summer. Only two more months and you'll be free!
Glad you're feeling better, it's too bad you didn't get to enjoy the whole week. I'm sure you're counting down the days to summer vacation. Enjoy the beautiful spring weather!
Not even kidding, my Spring Break was along time ago, but I had the same sickness, and we had booked a Dells trip, way fun for me,(NOT) but I also survived it. Sorry to hear your SB sucked too!
Glad you are feeling better. It's not fun being sick during a holiday. Been there done that myself. The kids look like they had fun. Love Jack's books, he only needs a fireman's coat to go with them.
suppose to say boots, not books.
Loved the big sister helping her brother sort through his Easter Basket - it brings back great memories. Also loved the fireman boots and ballet flats. I can't believe you were sick that long. Glad things are better!
Post a Comment