Friday, July 10, 2009

THE Wallet

I'm a "saver"...not to be confused with a "pack rat"! When it comes to papers, I have piles everywhere! For whatever reason, I have a hard time throwing papers that I might need later out.




Hence....MY WALLET!





Yes, that dreaded thing on the counter is my wallet! It's shameful, and I hate it, but I just can't (don't want to) find the time to fix it.





My purse used to look like an explosion of that with papers/receipts/coupons/receipts/more papers stuffed inside. So, my solution to that problem was...I'll quit carrying a purse! If I only have a wallet, then it can't get overstuffed. I'll HAVE to throw things away or find an appropriate place to store them. Perfect! Except, I started finding room in my wallet for my bad habit! All those receipts needed somewhere to go. Within weeks of having my clutch wallet, the carrying strap ripped off. Wonder why? It was just too darned heavy for that little strap to hold. Did I stop? Nope. Stuff...stuff some more...stuff again...yeah, I can squeeze it all in there.







Now, I try to hide my wallet. If we're at a restaurant with friends I keep my wallet under the table while getting what I need. I'm even embarrassed to pull it out in front of cashiers. My friends, co-workers and family all call me out on it...and, that's okay. Those are the people that are allowed to make fun of me. And no one has called an intervention yet, so it's "all good".






That all changed yesterday. The cashier at Target busted out laughing when I put my wallet on the counter, saying " Oh my gosh, You have the George Costanza wallet!" Intervention not necessary; that was my turning point! Check it out here.






I'll clean out my wallet (and even get a new one) this weekend...or sometime next week.

5 comments:

The Bahns said...

How did I miss this comment by the cashier?

Terri said...

Don't feel bad, I do the same thing but I do clean it out each month and shredd all the papers that I didn't need to save.
aunt t

Daniel & Jennifer said...

Don't be embarrased...Dan is the same way! I do the same thing w/ my purse; receipts, coupons, misc. papers...I always end up digging through what looks like a trash can for my wallet :)

Jeff and Leadon said...

You are too funny!

Shannon said...

Alan says, "at least Michelle keeps her receipts in her wallet and not all over the house!"