Lily spends 51% of her time being moody, particular and resistant to things that aren't just exactly as she wants them to be.
The other 49% of her time is spent being the sweetest, most lovable little girl in the whole wide world.
Just this morning (in a 10-minute span of time) she proved her sweetness with 2 adorable moments. One key principle in parenting is to savor and remember those prime moments to make the other, "not so pleasant" times slightly more bearable.
They are so cute that they are worth sharing!
1. Lily has decided very insistently this morning that she should marry her father when she grows up!
"Who is going to be my husband then?", I asked.
"You can marry Jack, Mommy!"
I don't know what is sweeter...the fact that her dad is still the man she loves most in the world (and hopefully always will be), or her innocence at how marriage really works.
The other 49% of her time is spent being the sweetest, most lovable little girl in the whole wide world.
Just this morning (in a 10-minute span of time) she proved her sweetness with 2 adorable moments. One key principle in parenting is to savor and remember those prime moments to make the other, "not so pleasant" times slightly more bearable.
They are so cute that they are worth sharing!
1. Lily has decided very insistently this morning that she should marry her father when she grows up!
"Who is going to be my husband then?", I asked.
"You can marry Jack, Mommy!"
I don't know what is sweeter...the fact that her dad is still the man she loves most in the world (and hopefully always will be), or her innocence at how marriage really works.
2. On our way to the car at 6:50, she picked up a crusty, dry brown leaf who spent its winter underneath snow, etc. Then, she proceeded to refer to it as her flower, and admired it lovingly so. What a breath of fresh air!
2 comments:
I admire your outlook. I (as you know) have a moody little girl as well. I need to start noticing more of these brighter moments myself! Thanks.
T
Love it, see, I told you she would grow up all of a sudden. Can I just say that the Jacket brings tears to my eyes. It makes me want to...
Post a Comment