Long before Jimmy Buffett sang about it being 5 o'clock somewhere, my grandmother was saying it. It justified her afternoon drink.
Well, it's a darn good thing that it is 5 o'clock somewhere, because I'm having a tall glass of wine by myself at 3:30 in the afternoon. I need something to take the edge off of parenting my two year old who doesn't think she needs a nap today. The gods must have forgotten to have the talk with her explaining that she must take at least one nap a day until she's in preschool. It's a toddler rule!
Until she rectifys this new little habit, I'll be having an afternoon drink...the chocolate isn't cutting it. Hopefully my grandma is having one with me in spirit. Strength in numbers might help.
6 years ago
5 comments:
I stand corrected :) My turn will come eventually though!
I pray for a quick spring for both our sanities!
Well, I have to say... I thought as I made my self a drink at 6:30 p.m. the other night that if any one stopped by un announced I needed a plan. My plan was to dump my drink and quickly grab some gum. I am glad that I am not the only one feeling that way. I am glad that you beat me by a few hours! Next time call me and we can drink together over the phone!
Hey! Look at it this way... Things can only get better! Leadon
Grandma and Grandpa would be so proud (and my mom and Aunt Carol and....you get the point) :) Sometimes I could go for one in the morning...and I don't even have kids! Whatever you need to get you through the rough days, be it wine or chocolate (I prefer both).
I'll toast to you with my glass tonight :)
Starbucks helps me get throught the day. Also, I've been having an occasional glass of Bailey's on ice at night or sometimes I have it mixed with some coffee. That way I can have some spirits and chocolate flavor all in one! It is so yummy! I can't say I have had any at 3:30...that's impressive! Hey, if it makes you more sane and calms you down, go for it...whatever it takes.
T
Ahhhh, those terrible twos, we have one in the tantrum threes and approaching the terrible twos, together they are pure chaos!!
Enjoy the wine my mom and mother-in-law always said it was 5 o'clock somewhere "tui-tui". So tui-tui!!!
Aunt Judi
Post a Comment